SO we did it:
cut an opening in the pillar bar to expose the locking latch, and, well--went to town at the plastic surronding the metal part of the latch with a hammer and chisle.
after about 15mins of going at it it came open:
Old and broken latch:
installed another used latch off my old busted door so while I was at it i even switched out the handle so I can now use my key to unlock the driver door :p looks like crap tho :/
Looks nasty but wrks:
This is what was cut and bent back--we will have to cut it out so the panel can sit correctly:
SO with that done we moved onto the rear panels--what i can say now is thank god i have spares lol
Cut WAY too much off the passenger one:
on the driver side we cut way less but still it was not as clean as I would have liked it therefore we will do better on the next set.
And yes my door jamb is green :/ we never got around to getting that painted
Anyhow, kreanned it up a bit--got the spares and made some clean cuts right where it begins to curve on the top half and did the same at the bottom half--therefore; we left the middle where the leather insert goes untouched:
Overall--fitment was still tight but everything is pretty snug...good thing I dont have to sit back there :salook:
Also pulled the "hack" on the driver door pillar back and straigtened it out a bit--had my body shop/painter guy check it out and he said we can get it all patched up and get my door jamb painted for a few hundo; i'll get around to it eventually. That's it for now--still need to whoop out the Pinnacle Concours Interior Kit and clean the crap out of the interior :o
More updates coming soon :thumbsup: