Go Back   JDM Universe.com > Tech Forums > Hybrid House
Click to log in with Facebook

Hybrid House A place to talk about motor swaps, etc.

H22A parts questions.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Translate Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Torque ftw
Points: 1,909, Level: 5 Points: 1,909, Level: 5 Points: 1,909, Level: 5
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

H22A questions.....

I bought an OBD1 JDM H22A and JDM P13 ECU from Eric Japan (importer) and some sensors were broken.
The MAP sensor which is mounted on top of the JDM throttle body unlike USDM ones was broken, and I'm not sure if I can get it in the US, so I was going to run a remotely mounted one like the ones that mount to the firewall then run a vacuum line to the nipple on the intake manifold where the cruise control gets it's vacuum since I won't be using that. But I was wondering if any Honda OBD1 MAP sensor will work, or will I need a prelude one? I'm sure they all send the same signal, but let me know if I'm wrong, I can always splice on a different connector to use another MAP sensor.

The TPS sensor is also broken...what do you recommend? What other ones will fit it? Any USDM ones? I think it is a pretty costly sensor....and I think honda only sells it with a throttle body pre assembled.

I have an OBD0 car that this is going in, the H22A is OBD1, I have heard something about the injectors and a resistor box...I'm not sure if I have the resistor box with my engine... Are the injectors saturated or peak and hold? Which ones will I need to use? What other resistor boxes can I use if I don't have mine....will an accord one work?

Any thing else I should look out for? I will be using an H2B kit, so the swap isn't going to be difficult, and I know about the fuel lines and I'm capable at wiring.

Also, will a B series flywheel bolt up to an H series crank?
Thanks in advance. I know there are some savvy guys here that have done some H swaps.

Last edited by BigBad; 04-01-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Torque ftw

So nobody on here knows shit about H series or they don't want to take the time of day to help out? Typical forums, people just talk shit about other peoples cars and post pics of their own car to get some of these
So I did a little research for myself and to then write here what I found out incase anyone else wants to know.

For the MAP sensor, any with the DENSO number PS-30 will work.

As for the TPS, any of these are interchangeable:

As for injectors and the resistor box (which Honda calls resistor assembly) OBD1 H22's have peak and hold, which require the resistor box, and the OBD2 H22's have saturated injectors and no resistor box.

I belive the B series flywheel can bolt up to the H series crank, but with the H2B kit you get a spacer.

Last edited by BigBad; 04-04-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Dru Barrios hates me.
Points: 40,878, Level: 21 Points: 40,878, Level: 21 Points: 40,878, Level: 21
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Activity: 75% Activity: 75% Activity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBad
So nobody on here knows shit about H series or they don't want to take the time of day to help out? Typical forums, people just talk shit about other peoples cars and post pics of their own car to get some of these
Damn, not only do I know all about H swaps BUT I was willing to tell you more than you would EVER need to know about your problems. Sounds like you're in Chicago too which means I'd even be able to help you out in person. I've gotten engines from Eric Japan before.

Sucks that you're such a dick. Next time give helpful people (like me) more than a couple of hours to respondt. If you don't feel like that's something you can do with so much sand stuffed up your vagina I would KINDLY extend you the opportunity to not log onto JDMU again.

BTW - some of your information is wrong. Good luck figuring out which it is. I bet you will but not until it's too late.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:24 PM
internez r serius bizness
Points: 5,263, Level: 8 Points: 5,263, Level: 8 Points: 5,263, Level: 8
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

im with phunhaus... i was gonna help out on this one because i know a fair share of h22 tech, but good luck on your issues..
Old 04-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Torque ftw

Like I said, I did a little research, but wasn't through researching. I have edited my first post with what I have now found.
Phunhaus - No, I'm not in Chicago. I respect you and I know you know your shit and I have seen your cars and have read your H22 swap on clubEK.
I've never really been that interested in H swaps until the H2B came out and did away with all the H series drivetrain BS in regards to swapping motors. As for figuring it out before it was too late, I did.

Last edited by BigBad; 04-03-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:49 PM
wantoBvtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunhaus
Damn, not only do I know all about H swaps BUT I was willing to tell you more than you would EVER need to know about your problems. Sounds like you're in Chicago too which means I'd even be able to help you out in person. I've gotten engines from Eric Japan before.

Sucks that you're such a dick. Next time give helpful people (like me) more than a couple of hours to respondt. If you don't feel like that's something you can do with so much sand stuffed up your vagina I would KINDLY extend you the opportunity to not log onto JDMU again.

BTW - some of your information is wrong. Good luck figuring out which it is. I bet you will but not until it's too late.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha (just laughing at what phunhaus wrote)

you moron see what happens when you have a bad attitude

Last edited by paraplegic; 04-03-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Torque ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraplegic
hahahahahahahahahahahaha (just laughing at what phunhaus wrote)

you moron see what happens when you have a bad attitude
I laughed too.

But here's a thought: Yes Phunhaus knows alot and you don't want to piss him off cause he might not help you (oh no) but it seems like everyone on JDMU is on his nuts!!! He might like all the attention and ass kissing, and he deserves some but damn, everything he posts gets quoted and thumbup'd put in a sig.
GET OFF HIS BALLS!

You moron, see what happens when you're brown nosing?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
wantoBvtec

no not really, no brown nosing here its not my style just laughing at what he said (dont know why thats brown nosing, but ok) due to the fact of you acting like a douche